Scuba in Flower Gardens, Gulf of Mexico

Friday, March 18, 2011

A moment alone with her

I look at the fluffy white sheep grazing within the azure-melting-into-indigo sky and begin to question my mortality. I would like to be with her for all eternity. Naturally, I desire that we live until time's end. My Chilean wife, mother of my future children and my beautiful partner, lies next to me on the cool blades of grass beneath our backs. The warm breeze whispers their questions in our ears as we ponder existence. Why do I love her? Our relationship has demonstrated to me a thousand reasons why. Her heart beats for me and I for her. She lets me know this every day by the way she laughs at all the silly things that I say. 

Does life have much meaning without her? No. It would be insipid.

What set the gears of fate in motion when we met? Time places no weight on my shoulders while we're here dreaming together, fingers intertwined while resting on the grass. We will be together forever, I think to myself as this thought gently turns the tips of my lips towards my forehead. What of the beginning or the end? I conclude that their is neither in this timeless stretch of tranquility. The buttery sun spreads its rays across the horizon as day turns to twilight, yet still we remain feeling the zephyrs dance through the locks of our hair. There is no place I'd rather be, here beneath the early crescent glow of the moon. Seemingly, he winks at me as if sharing our secret happiness. 
Yet, its not a mystery to any of our friends or family. They saw it coming, the way we flirted with each other when we first met. Sure, I was a bit crazy with my thoughts of Buddha and solving the world's problems, but I was also crazy for her. 

My memories stretch back years to when we first met in the Spanish club. I was working on a Ph.D in psychology in the
University of Otago in New Zealand and she was having fun traveling the country and learning the difficult language that is English. While we had our quarrels, none were long-lasting, and all were mild. Something just clicked between us that continues into today. Maybe our common culture, or the way we share the joke about loving life, but hating people. I don't really know for sure, but something told me that since we could often tell what each other was thinking, we were meant to share a life together. I will love her until the sun supernovas.


~Albereez

shared hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment