Scuba in Flower Gardens, Gulf of Mexico

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Tasty Playground

I am light as air!
crisp as a crouton
on a warm bed of lettuce
Gentle wisps of fragrant jasmine
envelope me snugly
as I spring gracefully on a pond of blue jello
my little feet pitter-pattering through the muck
Now I piruet high into the sky
with arms outstretched to the sheep
crawling across a crimson field
of sunlight at my back.
When I tire of my solo ballet
I will wander over to a bowl of fluffy mashed potatoes
and dive in with a child-like cry of joy
at my lips and a twinkle in my eye
This land of delightful delicacies is my home
and I, its most grateful resident. 
Here I am 
to enjoy and peruse a playground
of stringbeans, long-grain rice and cooked cauliflower
I squeeze with my wee hands a slice of savory nectarine
sucking out the tantilizing juice 
and then procede to munch on a speckled jelly-bean
My tiny mouth puckers from the tartness of the candy
and I release a sigh of pleasure at this ultimate form of relaxation
"What a lucky being am I!" I cry out to the sky
This was were I was born and so too here I shall die.
Heaven is here where the cherubs sing and the angels fly.
I am an ant and I love this life!


No comments:

Post a Comment